Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thoughts From Our Leaders- Liz Burr

We are now halfway through our winter break, and I would have to say this is one of the toughest times of our season. We do individual workouts to keep up with the fitness we acquired while conditioning as a team in the fall. The tough part is being able to motivate yourself when you are alone. You don't have teammates expecting you to show up and run, or pushing you when you start to get tired. This part of the season helps to build character and really shows what kind of player you have become. Also, when you return to campus and start working out with the team, everyone will be able to tell and appreciate how much you have worked (especially if you can pass your fitness tests so they will not have to wake up at 5:30 am and run with you).

I am returning to campus early this year for the first time I've been at Allegheny. I am back at school now, about two weeks before classes start in order to try and finish up my senior comprehensive project before the spring softball season begins. It is not always necessary to return to campus early for your comp, but I have taken it upon myself to do so. This way I will not be completely overwhelmed and stressed come game time. My complete project is due following our second game of the season, which will be here before I even know it.

I'm looking forward to practice and doing softball things, since we have been working so hard running and lifting all winter. I would love if the weather would continue to be nice to us this year and allow us to get some much needed time off of the Wise Center blue courts, but in Meadville you just never know.- Liz Burr, Senior