Monday, January 19, 2009

Player Profile- Marci Potuzko


Name: Marci Potuzko

Year: Sophomore

Position: Catcher

Uniform Number: 5

Major: Biochemistry

Minor: Economics

What made you choose Allegheny College: During one of my visits I was walking around while students were walking between classes and I felt like I would fit in here. At some other schools when I was surrounded by students I felt out of place, but here I felt at home.

Favorite part of Gator Softball: The team. We say it a lot, but we really are a family, and I love spending so much time with everyone. The trip to Florida is a great week as well, and we all have a great time playing ball and hanging out with each other.

Favorite class taken at Allegheny: Comm Arts 135: Modes of Film and Video Production. I love watching movies, and the class was all about movies: history of them, how you make them, how to analyze them, everything. It was awesome to go to class and watch movie clips all the time.

Favorite place on campus: I don’t really have a favorite place on campus, I guess if I had to choose I’d say the Game Room or the softball field.

What activities are you involved with outside of softball: SAAC (Student Athlete Advisory Committee)