Monday, January 12, 2009

Player Profile- Maggie Bodenlos


Name: Maggie Bodenlos

Year: Junior

Position: 3rd Base

Uniform Number: 6

Major: Psychology

Minor: Women's Studies

What made you choose Allegheny College: Interestingly enough, I was not even going to apply to Allegheny because my sister (Abby Bodenlos ’08) was already a student at Allegheny and I wanted to do my own thing. I applied to ten different schools and was not even sure what I was looking for in a college. After considering all of my options, I finally realized I wanted a small school where I could find a close group of friends and be a part of small classrooms. Choosing Allegheny and deciding to play softball could not have been a better decision for me.

Favorite part of Gator Softball: The fact that every single girl on the team is unique and different from one another, but we all come together with a common love for the game of softball. Our bond, because of all of our hard work, is truly unbreakable. Knowing that our group is in it together through it all and for each other is something that could never be replaced.

Favorite class taken at Allegheny: My favorite class so far was Abnormal Psychology- it was my first Psychology class and made me interested in Psychology for my major.

Favorite place on campus: I lived in Brooks hall both freshman and sophomore year and have spent so much time walking to classes and practices on Brooks Walk. This area in front of Brooks is a beautiful part of campus and is definitely my favorite.

What activities are you involved with outside of softball: I am a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority