Monday, March 2, 2009

Bessie Artino- Player Profile

Name: Bessie Artino

Year: Freshman

Position: C/1st

Uniform Number: 24

Major: Pre-Veterinary Medicine

Minor: Religious Studies

What made you choose Allegheny College: The environment and atmosphere was so welcoming, and this is a great academic school.

Favorite part of Gator Softball: The family we have made, and being able to play college softball.

Favorite class taken at Allegheny: My Freshman Seminar class, Animals in Art and Life. There were only twelve of us in the class. It was so much fun to be able to learn about animals and their impact in our lives. Also, what a great opportunity to talk about my three wonderful Rottweilers!

Favorite place on campus: My favorite place on campus is my dorm, the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity House that was transformed into a residence hall for freshman. Twelve of us girls are so close and we spend a lot of time together.

What activities are you involved with outside of softball: During breaks I work for an animal hospital near my home town. I also volunteer and help coach whenever I can.

Favorite movies/TV shows/books: My favorite TV shows are, Supernatural, The Young and The Restless, One Tree Hill, and General Hospital. I enjoy reading books that have to do with animals and the supernatural/fantasy genre.