Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gators Participate in the First Annual Student-Athlete Talent Show

Here at Allegheny, and at all NCAA affiliated institutions, we have what is known as SAAC, Student Athletic Advisory Committee. This committee consists of representatives from each sports team. The committee meets twice a month and discusses topics such as how to increase attendance at games, how to sufficiently use economic resources when traveling to and from games, and other various hot topics.

One aspect of SAAC is the public relations committee. This year our PR committee decided to put on an All Athlete Talent Show. Basically players from each team make up their own act and perform it at the show. Though the amount of teams that participated was a little low, the teams that did come out to perform did a really great job!

The show opened with the Men’s Track team; they serenaded their coach with the song “my girl” and then showed us that real men can wear short shorts. Next it was our turn, we decided to bring out our inner hood and perform our very own rap! Coach Sanford even put on her baggy pants and hoodie and made a special guest appearance!
The Tennis team did a movie montage to Austin powers, The Hangover, Step Brothers, A Night at the Roxbury and Napoleon Dynamite.

The Women’s soccer team gave a stunning performance of the Chicken Noodle Soup dance in a wide variety of costumes. Men’s soccer team showed off their sex appeal by dressing classy and dancing seductively. The Golf team danced for us and showed us they can not only handle clubs but umbrellas! Baseball did a hilarious little reenactment of an old spice commercial, and the Football team ended the show with a Chippendale’s tryout and a few songs.

After calculating the scores the first place trophy went to the Golf team. The show was a big success and the members of SAAC who put it together did a really great job! We hope for a bigger turn out and an even better show next year! There is even talk about potentially charging admission for the show and donating the proceeds to a worthy cause, but the specific details of next year still need to be worked out.

Over all the process of meeting with our team and coming up with an act was a lot of fun and really helped to bond our team even more! Though I am disappointed we did not take home first place in the talent show I know that we are focused and ready to take home a more important first place trophy this season!

P.S. here is the rap we performed if you are interested in reading

TEAM
Softball team is in the house
We’re gonna show you what we’re all about
Team of eleven with so much skill
Winning conference title? Oh Yes we will!
It’s time to introduce the team that’s gonna own
I’m gonna pass my mic on over to Doan

SARA DOAN
Sara Doan here and left field’s where I’m at
You should see what I can do with a bat
Diving catches is what I am about
Try for an extra base I’ll throw you out!

STEPH FORT
Stephanie Fort from Richmond V.A.
And short stop is the position I play
Got the softest hands and I bring the intensity
All y’all other players can’t measure up to me

BRITT RUNG
B-Rung here I’m a freshman this year
On the best team around, you can find me on the mound
Step into the box if you wanna face me
But prepare to take a seat cause I bring strike three

FELICIA GOWANLOCK
Felicia’s back this year and my finger’s all healed
You’ll see me behind the plate out on the field
I throw mad heat and black mad balls
I make it rain on that diamond like Niagara Falls

MAGGIE BODENLOS
My names Maggie and I may be small
But at third base I’m always a wall
Don’t be fooled you know I got guns
Last year led the team in home runs

KATIE WILLS
Katie Wills here co-captain of this team
Try and go against me in and pain you’ll scream
Second base is the position I play
And when I come to the plate you better back away

DARIAN OUZTS
My name is D, I got so much heart
I’m a small dog but you know I gotta big bark
I may be little but I’m no joke
When I’m pitching at you, your gonna choke

NICOLE RODI
My name’s Rodi and from Philadelphia
I play outfield and I’ll be coming after yah
I’m louder on the field than anybody else
I hit so hard it will leave you with welts

SOPHIE KATZ
Infield out field I play everywhurrr
Sophie Katz hurr and you should be scurred
I run the bases quicker than a cheetah
The number is two and I’m a natural born leadah

AMANDA DOWNEY
Amanda Downey and ten is my number
Watch me pitch I’m like the 8th world wonder
In just 3 pitches ill take you down
Don’t try to beat me here cause this is my town!

BREANNA APPLEBY
Bre’s the name; center field’s where I’ll be
When I steal second you can’t catch me
So much power and so much desire
My passion for this sport burns hotter than fire

COACH SANFORD
Coach Sanford here and I run this show
You better give it up for me cause it’s my birthday yo!
Played for UCONN back in my prime
Watch out for us Gators cause this is our time!

TEAM
Quality over quantity is what we say
And we‘re gonna crush every team that we play
We are small and mighty and we always bring the pain
We’re gonna cut through you like Oxyclean cuts through a stain
You think we can rap? You should see us play
‘Cause the Gators are here and we are here to stay!

Felicia Gowanlock – Sophomore