Sunday, April 12, 2009

Felicia Gowanlock- Player Profile

Name: Felicia Gowanlock

Year: Freshman

Position: Catcher/Utility

Uniform Number: 17

Major: Biology

Minor: Psychology

What made you choose Allegheny College: I chose Allegheny because of its strong academics and the close-knit community feel. I like how closely the professors work with the students and how much they care about your education.

Favorite part of Gator Softball: T he family away from family feeling. Coming to practice every day and being surrounded by a coaching staff and a group of girls that have so much heart, intensity and dedication for the game. Also the reputation that comes along with being an Allegheny Gator; people know that you are responsible, reliable, hard working, punctual and
good hearted individuals.

Favorite class taken at Allegheny: My favorite class is my first year seminar about baseball. The class is titled “who’s on first? Baseball and American life.” We discuss the history of baseball, current events, and how they relate to our culture and nation. It is very interesting and fun.

Favorite place on campus: My favorite place on campus is dead center of the big glass structures by the Tippie alumni center, because when you stand in the middle and make a noise it echoes but no one else can hear it but you!

What activities are you involved with outside of softball: I volunteer occasionally for the Autism Outreach Center.

Favorite movies/TV shows/books: I love the movie The Whole Nine Yards, and my favorite TV show is Boy Meets World. My favorite book is Less Than Zero by Brett Easton Ellis.