Thursday, December 18, 2008

Player Profile- Amanda Downey

Name: Amanda Downey

Year: Sophomore

Position: Pitcher

Uniform Number: 10

Major: Neuroscience and Psychology

What made you choose Allegheny College: When I first visited Allegheny, I fell in love with the campus. The overall atmosphere was homey and comfortable, and some of the old buildings are filled with history. Of course it’s amazing reputation for excellent academics, and solid softball program were driving factors, making Allegheny the right fit for me.

Favorite part of Gator Softball: I have my teammates and coaches as a support system for everything I do and I know they are always there for me.

Favorite softball memory: Getting a phone call in Florida to get in the team vans within 60 seconds, and taken on a surprise trip to Dairy Queen after a very successful day of softball (including beating the 5th ranked team in the nation!).

What activities are you involved with outside of softball: I just founded a scrapbooking club on campus.

Favorite place on campus: The observatory above the security office

Favorite movie/tv show: It’s a Wonderful Life (movie) and House (tv show)